As 2012 winds down, we’re looking back over the year. Highlights for The Union included the release of Different Colours and the tremendous response it received (and continues to receive). Distance and Under Wires & Searchlights being remastered and reissued. On the live front we ventured into new territory, performing two live remixes at Punkt! Festival in Norway which was curated this year by Brian Eno.
But the best thing for us in 2012 was the tremendous amount of support we received from people all around the world who enjoy our music. Thank you.
We’ve put together a list of some things we enjoyed in 2012 even though some of them were released or published before this year, we included them anyway because it was only in the last twelve months we got into them.
Some things we liked this year
- Loscil – Sketches From New Brighton
- A Winged Victory For the Sullen – A Winged Victory For The Sullen
- Johann Johannsson – Copenhagen Dreams
- Can – Lost Tapes Box Set
- Jan Bang / Erik Honore / Arve Henriksen / Eivind Aarset – Live Remixing at Punk! Norway.
- The Dandy Warhols – Manchester
- The Bridge (Danish / Swedish Crime Thriller)
- Journey to the End of Night, Louis Ferdinand-Celine
- A Streetcat Named Bob – James Bowen
- What We Talk About When We Talk About Love – Raymond Carver
- The Artist
- Beautiful Lives
- Tour de France
- Andy Murray / US Open
- Nord Keyboards
We would like to hear what your favourite albums of the year were… please send us your three most played albums in 2012.